Sunday, November 21, 2010

We were tickled pink...

and happy to say, Amy and Jason have a baby girl on the way!

I had a very busy weekend, traveling back to Richmond to "shower" Amy and Baby Girl Minton with all things baby and pink of course! Lynn, Ashley and I hosted the shower and we have all been friends since middle school and we got to catch up with lots of old neighbors and friends.
Amy is due in early February and looks great with that baby glow!
Ashley made this adorable baby cake!
I actually headed up to Richmond Friday afternoon and stayed with Lynn and her newly expanded family. She just had another little girl, Madelynn 5 weeks ago. But I spent lots of time with little Miss Caroline who is 18 months now and just so cute! She was giving me my Ella fill since I am missing my own little girl. Caroline and I had fun reading together and playing games, she is just too cute and check out all that hair, can you believe she is only 3 months older than Ella with all that hair???
This is our attempt to get a picture with the 3 of us but of course as 18 month olds are, they don't like to sit too long. Caroline was done with pictures and off to play.
Two sisters getting all bundled up for a morning walk!
I wish I could have brought Ella so she and Caroline could have played together because I know they would have had a great time but it was just too far in such a short amount of time. Plus, Ella and long car rides do not get along well. She actually stayed home and got to have lots of Daddy and Ella time.
And introducing the new Madelynn Ella Raye Booth, just 5 weeks old and so little and precious!
Had a great time with everyone and can't wait to meet the new Baby Girl Minton when she arrives in February! Another little girl to play with!

I did come back on Saturday afternoon so that Ella and I could go cheer on Mike in his soccer finals on Sunday. It was a close game but unfortunately they lost the game but second place is pretty good! I think Ella loved her special Daddy bonding time because each time Mike came off the field during the game, she would run up to him and give him a big hug. It was so sweet, she loves her Daddy and even though he didn't win, he did get a big hug after the game!

We are off to Pennsylvania this week for Thanksgiving, can't wait to see Grandma and Grandpa Hennessy and Ella's aunts and uncles and cousins. Happy turkey day to all of you, we are so grateful for all of our family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...