Wednesday, February 23, 2011

70+ degree weather?? Yes please!

We were so blessed to have amazing weather this past weekend and we took full advantage of it. On Friday, we were literally outside all day since the temperature almost hit 80 degrees! The kids brought out all their toys and ran around and the adults hung out as usual. These 3 peas in a pod all climbed into the wagon for a ride around the neighborhood. Kayla acts like such a big sister to Ella, she is so sweet! I just love this picture and Wesley's belly hanging out, so classic! And these two wanted to keep up with the big kids and drive the power wheels. Good thing their feet can't reach the accelerator yet but it won't be long.
Ella was lucky enough to spend a lot of time with her Dad this weekend. One of my good friends, Jaimee was having her bridal shower and bachelorette party so Saturday I was busy with those events and while I was away, you know they spent time at the park.
One of Ella's new favorite things is "walking" Dakota. She is so funny and will say heel and no, all the commands we use.
Off they go!
There is such a special bond between a father and a daughter. I know that I truly cherish the relationship I have with my own Dad and I am definitely a Daddy's little girl, even at 30. And it just melts my heart to see Mike and Ella's special bond. He can make her laugh harder than anyone else and she loves to run around and chase him around the house. I am so lucky to have such an involved husband because most days I am exhausted when he gets home from work and he just comes right in and helps with everything. Every night after bath time, Mike puts her to bed and I love that they have that special bonding time. Already at 18 months old, she has her Daddy right where she wants him, wrapped right around her little finger. I actually think that happened after 1 second of him holding her in the delivery room and the bond has just grown so much and I know it will continue grow more and more.
And she is so lucky to have such a talented grandmother that knitted her these adorable leg warmers! She also got a new winter hat and 2 new cute bows and let's hope she will keep these in!
Monday was President's Day and Mike had off work, thanks George Washington and Abe Lincoln for the extra day off! It was another nice day and while Mommy caught up on doctor's appt, Ella got more park time with Daddy and they had the entire park to themselves.
Just more time to crawl through tunnels and go down slides in the warm Carolina sunshine!

Not sure how many more 70 degree weekends we are going to get before spring officially comes so we definitely enjoyed it and now have spring fever big time! Weather has been crazy this winter so who knows, it could be snowing next week but while it's warm, we will playing outside with best buddies, going down slides and just soaking up some much needed Vitamin D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...