Monday, May 9, 2011

My Weekend

My weekend was pure bliss! Because I got to have to "me" time but I also got to have family time, the best of both worlds. And also because this little girl and her Daddy spoiled me rotten and I loved every minute of it.

(Ella has officially gone preppy, sporting her first Vineyard Vines dress. They don't make baby sizes so this is the first of many I am sure!)

It started Saturday morning when the guys planned a fun day for the Mom's. Jaime, Tracey and I went shopping, had lunch and then went to the spa. Honestly, what could be better! While we all love being Mom's, it is nice to have some adult time to relax and refresh. While we were away, the Dads were in charge and Mike documented his day with Ella. First, breakfast in the PJs and yogurt all over her face!

Then, they ran some "secret" errands that I didn't find out until the next day and where else would they have lunch? Of course in the trunk of the car eating Chick-fila. Ella is obsessed with playing in our cars lately and so a picnic in the trunk with french fries and extra ketchup is just about heaven for her.

The weather was so amazing this weekend, blue skies and 80 degree temps so we pulled out the water table for the first time this season.

She had so much fun, she even wanted to climb in and go swimming.
After I got home, we all went over to watch the Kentucky Derby with the best buddies. And guess what? Ella got into more water and made a big mess, so we put a towel on her to dry off and she thought Mommy's hat for the Derby hat was pretty cool and wanted to wear it. This girl knows how to accessorize, she found a necklace (shocker) and wore the towel on one shoulder because she knows that's in style these days.

We finally got her changed and we were all ready for the big race. My horse came in 3rd but no big money for us this year. Ella loved watching it though and kept saying "horsey horsey horsey" over and over again. She loves her animals!

I think we might have a musical prodigy on our hands! Tracey just got a new piano and Ella climbed up herself and started playing!

Sunday morning, I had the best morning. Mike made breakfast in bed and not just cereal but an egg white omelet, bagel and fresh fruit. Ella joined in and enjoyed eating her cheerios and the fruit with me in bed. Then, they surprised me with some gifts. I am very lucky girl and got a new Ipod for running and some new Lilly sandals I have been wanting. Daddy and Ella are good at picking up hints I have been dropping! And Ella thought the shoes were pretty neat and had to try them on immediately. Girl has good taste!

After breakfast, we went to watch Daddy's soccer game. Daddy has definitely been trying hard to get his little princess into playing soccer and it seems to be working. She likes watching the games on tv with him and watching him play.

As soon as we arrived, Ella spotted Mike and started yelling, "Hi Daddy" over and over, it was really cute! And once the game was over, she ran up to him on the field.

Unfortunately, they lost the game. I think we might be bad luck because that two weeks in a row we have gone, they have lost. But Ella did get to kick the ball around with him after the game.

After the game, we went to lunch and sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather and then came home and Ella and I both took a nap. Being pampered all weekend is tiring. In the afternoon, we took a walk and just hung out at home which was a perfect ending to a great weekend. Thanks again to Mike for spoiling me and to these two little rascals for making me so happy everyday. (Well, make that one that makes me happy and one that semi makes me happy and semi drives me crazy but I guess since she was my first, I will keep her. For now.)

And a very special Mother's Day to my Mom (DeeDee) and to Mike's Mom (Grandma) for being such amazing Moms and grandmas. We love you both very much and hope you had great weekends also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...