Monday, April 7, 2014

Hippity Hoppity

This past Saturday was one of those great days! The sun was shining the perfect shade of Caroline blue, the temps were in the mid 70's, and we had a fun filled day. Ella had a soccer game in the morning and then went and had a special lunch with Daddy while Maddie stayed with me and napped. After naps, we woke up to get ready for our neighborhood Easter egg hunt. There are so many things I love about this neighborhood and one of them is the events for the kids. But before we went over, I had to get pictures of the girls in their matching outfits. As you can have probably seen on this blog before, I am sucker for matching outfits. I know they won't let me dress them like this forever but while I can and they think it is fun, I am going to take advantage of it!
 Credit goes to Daddy for the great looking green lawn!
 This girl and her many faces. She is a natural born comedian and loves to make you laugh so the sillier the better for her. And the even more amazing thing, I got them both standing still long enough for a couple pictures, that's a miracle in itself!
 Then we headed off for the hunt. The kids 3 and under were in the front yard and 4 and over were in the backyard. So, I took MG and Mike took Ella. There were probably only about 5 kids 3 and under so no fighting for eggs (unlike on the big kids side!). Last year, she still wasn't walking at this time and didn't really participate so this year was her first time. It was hilarious to watch. She would check out each egg, put it back if she didn't like the color (she only wanted yellow and pink ones!)
 Oh yippee, a pink one
 And then stop to open it and see what is inside!
 When she realized there was chocolate and candy inside, she got a lot more excited!
 Then she spotted something shiny, the magical golden egg! She LOVED it! She opened it to find a Ben and Jerry's gift card, jackpot!
 This girl is obsessed with my wallet! Wants to play with it all day long pulling all the cards out and putting them back in. So, she grabbed the gift card and said, "Mommy's wallet." Smart girl!
 Daddy went with Ella so there aren't too many pictures of her. There were a lot of kids in 4 and over and Ella was probably the youngest so she didn't get tons of eggs but she was still happy.

 After the hunt, all the kids gathered on the front steps for a picture!
 Love these sweet little bunnies!
Following the hunt, I had a little trick up my sleeve for Mike. His actual birthday is tomorrow but I told him we were just going to dinner with some neighbors of ours for dinner that night but surprised him at the restaurant with a bunch of friends. I think he was surprised and had a good time (maybe a little too much!) So, it was super fun Saturday and we are all so happy it is finally spring and warm weather again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...