Sunday, June 8, 2014

Tiny Dancer

Right now, Elton John's song is playing in my head as I write this post. Back in the middle of May (yes, I am a little behind), Ella had her final dance recital. She has done dance camps before but never a full dance class and this year she was ready. Or maybe I was finally ready. Growing up, I never went to dance class and it is a little foreign to me. I had an older brother and grew up watching him play sports so naturally I wanted to do the same things he did and immediately starting playing sports instead of dance. My little girl though, oh, she is all GIRL. She is a girly girl and was dying to try dance so we gave it a whirl and she loved it. They did tap and ballet and she loved going every single week to the class but the recital is what she has been waiting for. She knew they got a costume and she couldn't wait.

Her class had a "sailor" theme and she looked so adorable! I snapped a couple pictures on Friday before her dress rehearsal just in case we were too busy on Saturday. 
 They invited the Moms into the class so we got to see her practice and Ella loved it but I was still nervous how she would do in a huge theatre on performance day. 
 Well sister owned it! She is the one in the front middle (sorry pictures are blurry) but she came out with so much confidence and smiled and knew all her moves. I have a feeling that Mike and I will have a lot more dance recitals in our future.

Her class with their beloved teacher, Ms Meeghan

Rocking it on the tap dance

Hands on your hips!

Post performance with flowers from Daddy
 Immediately after her recital, we quickly changed and went right to soccer for her final game. Ella really enjoyed soccer but she is not competitive and preferred to stay on the edge of the action. Mike nicknamed her the "orbiting moon" because she was around all the action and the ball but never got too close!
 But she had a blast and always had a smile on her face so I am glad that we are exposing her to lots of different things and then once she gets older, she can decide what she enjoys the most.
It was a busy and fun day but it was a blast and loved seeing my big girl shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...