Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Birthday Fun

Let's be honest, having a birthday in January is a real bummer. Everyone has just celebrated Christmas and is kind of over celebrating. We have all eaten too much and now on a diet and spent too much money. Not to mention, it is freezing cold! But oh well, every year, it always falls in January (imagine that!) and we try the make the most of it and celebrate anyway. This year, with the day falling on a Friday, I tried to stretch it out all weekend but not sure the rest of the family was on board for that:)

Friday night, Mike and I went out and had a date night at Ruth's Chris. Our amazing friends offered to babysit the girls for us as a birthday gift so we wouldn't have to pay a sitter. It was amazing of them and the girls had a blast. And yes, we all ended up in black and white outfits before we left so I snapped a quick picture. 
We haven't been to Ruth's Chris in ages and the food was to die for! I never eat a big steak unless we are eating at someplace like this because they just do it right. Our steaks were so delicious and so were the sides and yummy champagne and wine! It's only your birthday one day a year so you have to do it up right!
 Saturday, Mike and the girls got up and made me breakfast and then I got some alone time to go shopping and get a pedicure, such a treat! That night, we went out with a bunch of parents from Ella's class to Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. Sadly, I didn't take a single picture all night but we had a great time and such a great venue for a big group. Can't wait to go back once the weather is nicer and we can sit outside.

Sunday was devoted to football. Our good friends, the Dobsons came over to watch the games. The weather this weekend was amazing so we sat out on the porch with the fire and tv going and it was heavenly. Of course the highlight for me and E was this little peanut. She is seriously the cutest little baby ever!
 I mean, check out that adorable outfit she is wearing and those big blue eyes!!
 The big kids loved jumping and playing on Mr Ben. Ellie is applying fake make up to MG in case you are wondering the funny face.
 After lots of hours of football, they got bored and decided to watch Frozen (something new) on the phone instead.
 All in all, it was a good weekend spent with the ones I love the most. We also spent a lot of time outside playing since the weather was so nice and by the end of the weekend, I could tell this one was exhausted. She NEVER naps anymore but fell right asleep this day. I love a sleeping child picture all the time, so sweet and peaceful.
Next up, MG turns 3 in February! I can hardly believe my little baby will be 3 already. More fun times to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...