Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Big News

We have had a busy summer around here for many different reasons but the biggest by far is that our family is expanding and as Ella's shirt says, she is going to be a big sister!


We found out the big news in mid June and it has been hard keeping a secret but the secret is definitely out. I actually went and got the test while Mike was at work and once it came up positive, I wanted to do something creative to tell him so I went to this adorable little baby boutique and got this shirt for Ella to wear. After several attempts, this was the closest I could get of her showing the shirt that says, "I'm the big sister." I emailed the picture to Mike at work with the title, guess what? He immediately called me and we are so thrilled to be adding a new little one to our family in February.


Unfortunately for Mommy, this pregnancy has been anything but easy and so different than my pregnancy with Ella. Ever since I hit 6 weeks, the all day nausea and awful headaches hit. After multiple calls and visits to the doctor, they did get me on some prescription medicine that helped a little bit but it was rough. I only started feeling better maybe 2 weeks ago, around 14-15 weeks and still have times or days that still aren't great. So, with the sickness, exhaustion and chasing after a 2 year-old all day, I am one tired Momma. Hopefully the worst is behind me now as I am finally starting to feel better and actually haven't had to take my nausea medicine for the past 2 days (knock on wood) and my energy level is starting to slowly return.

Don't let this adorable video fool you, Ella has no idea about what is about to happen in 5 months. She is used to being queen bee and center of our world but I am hoping after some initial jealousy, she will become my little helper because she loves other babies and her baby dolls so much. It is so pretty cute though whenever you ask her what she is going to be, she always responds, "Big sister" with a huge grin on her face!



(PS-Can we just mention the pigtails? How cute are they? Only took us 2 years to have enough hair for them!)


So, that is what is new with us, our family is expanding and we couldn't be more excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...