Monday, September 12, 2011

Her First Day

She had her first day of preschool last week. We have been talking about school for months, had an open house the week before but this was it. This was the big day.
The day started early, I had to wake her up around 8 so we would have enough time to get ready, have breakfast and make it to school by 9. She was all smiles eating her cereal getting ready to head out.

By this point, Ella was sick of me trying to take a million pictures of her and she just wanted to run inside and play.

She walked independently and confidently into school holding her school bag looking so big.

Anyone that knows Ella knows that she is pretty attached to us and so I was very nervous how the drop off was going to go. But she marched through the hallway and right into her classroom.

She was greeted by one of her teachers, Miss Ginny and they went to her cubby to hang up her bag.

When I said I had to go, Ella walked over and gave me a hug and there was definitely a moment of hesitation on her side but with Miss Ginny by her side, she walked into the classroom. I was so happy and surprised to see her do so well. She was happy to see me when I picked her up and the teachers did say she had a couple moments of being sad and missing me but they said it passed quickly.


On Thursday, she was more clingy to me when I dropped her off and did shed a couple of tears which pulled at my heart but when I returned, the teachers assured me, it didn't last long and she was soon playing with all her friends and toys. I know it is going to take a couple more times before Ella feels fully comfortable at school but every time we mention school, she gets a big smile on her face and says school is fun. I hope she has the best year ever!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...