Friday, July 20, 2012

Tiny Dancer

When you are pregnant, you have visions and ideas of what your children will be like. Since we both played sports all growing up and in college, we thought for sure our child would be very athletic and into sports. If you had told me when I had a little girl that she could care less about sports but very into dance, I would have told you were crazy. I never did dance and I am pretty sure my Mom would tell you there was no way I was putting on a leotard and tutu. I wanted to follow my older brother and do what he was doing. But our little girl is all girl. She wants to wear dresses everyday and dance dance dance! So, I signed her up for a dance camp this week and boy was she excited. Every morning, she would burst into our room and announce she was ready to get dressed for dance camp! I would drop her off and she would wave to me and then run off with the biggest smile on her face with the other girls. So, in memory of her first official dance camp, I made a little slideshow.




Side note: During the performance at the end of the week, when she saw us watching her, she immediately ran over to us and wanted to sit on our laps and not dance with her friends. It took some coaxing but she finally went over and sat with the other kids. As Mike said when we walked out, "well, I don't think she is quite ready for Broadway yet." But I am glad to know she had a blast all week and so we may continue with dance one day a week this fall. See, you never know how your children will turn out and I am sure she will continue to surprise us in the future. But I have to say, is there anything cuter than a little girl dancing in a leotard?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...