Sunday, August 22, 2010

Planes, Trains and Automobiles...

Here in the land of Ella, we are very busy and taking many different modes of transportation these days! First, we got a new car seat for Ella and she is finally facing forward and she loves it!! She hated her old car seat, I mean really hated it! She would scream and squirm every time we strapped her in (she really doesn't like to be confined in anything) but so far, she is loving this car seat and smiles and sings to us in the car!
She loves to stare out the window and see so much more than facing backyard.
And check out those long legs! They no longer hit the back of the seat and she can now stretch out! Speaking of long legs, we went to the doctor last week for her 1 year well visit and this girl is growing like a weed. She is currently just over 21 lbs and 30 3/4 in long!! She is about 53% in weight and 95% for height! Yup, our little girl has long legs and is very tall! The pediatrician said it's still too early to tell if she will stay tall but we are hoping so. She has had long legs ever since she was born and I am happy to say, she still has them!!
Making dinner can be a tricky time, Ella is all over the place these days so trying to cook and watch her can be challenging. The other night, I was cooking and Ella was having fun with me in the kitchen. She found the box of Kix (her favorite cereal!) and she started shaking the box and liked the sound and was laughing. Next thing I know, I hear a pop and the Kix burst open and all over the floor!! As you can tell, Dakota and Ella were in Kix heaven. I had to get a quick picture before I cleaned up the mess. I guess no more playing in the pantry while I am making dinner.
We also discovered a new fun place that we will returning to quickly, Discovery Place which is a children's museum in Charlotte. They recently redid it so there is a whole new area for toddlers and Ella had a ball climbing and exploring.
Checking out the fish exhibit, she loved all the colors and watching all the big kids!
Off we go again! Ella got a new toy, a push buggy. This was a belated birthday present and we had some gift cards that we used to get it. A bunch of her buddies already have one and she loves to ride in it so we got her of her own!
On a walk we go, Ella loves that she can check everyone out and see everything that is going on since she is so noisy!
Just chilling and relaxing in my new ride!
Finally, off on another mode of transportation. Ella got a bike seat from Aunt Kelly and Uncle Ben for Christmas but we didn't have a bike helmet until recently so we took it out this weekend for a spin. In her frog helmet getting ready to ride.
All strapped in!
Off we go! Wee!
I know, I know, the helmet is still a little big and needs to be adjusted but we did go for a ride around the neighborhood and Ella's favorite part was when we were going fast downhill. She wasn't sure what to do at first but she got the hang of it and just sat back and relaxed.

So, we have been on the go a bunch lately in all forms of transportation! Mike and I are looking forward to a grown-up night out tonight at the Jack Johnson concert, one of our favorite singers with our neighbors. Hopefully it won't rain since it's outdoors! Pictures to come soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kris,
    I've changed my blog address b/c I accidentally my original blog. So, wanted to get you my new link so you can follow me.

    http://americanbridget.blogspot.com

    Love and miss,
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...